libdrm-2.4.37: use ETIMEDOUT instead of ETIME?

Matt Turner mattst88 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 12:04:26 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Thomas Klausner <wiz at netbsd.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 07:02:56AM -0700, Matt Turner wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Thomas Klausner <wiz at netbsd.org> wrote:
>> > libdrm-2.4.37 added a use of ETIME (from errno(3)) in
>> > intel/intel_bufmgr_gem.c.
>> >
>> > This errno is not defined on (at least) DragonFly BSD.
>> >
>> > A Linux man page for errno(3) says:
>> >         ETIME           Timer expired (POSIX.1 (XSI STREAMS option))
>> >                         (POSIX.1 says "STREAM ioctl(2) timeout")
>> >
>> > Since this errno is only defined for a POSIX extension, wouldn't it
>> > make more sense to use the standard errno(3) ETIMEDOUT instead which
>> > exists in more environments?
>> >  Thomas
>>
>> Does DragonFly BSD have Intel KMS?
>
> Not yet, but I don't see how this is relevant, because the file is
> compiled on DragonFly BSD independent of that question. Can you please
> explain?
>  Thomas

I was asking mostly out of curiosity, but at the same time I don't
think compiling this (libdrm_intel) is useful without KMS.

So unless I'm wrong on that point I've got to question why you're
bothering to ship libdrm_intel on DragonFly BSD.

Sorry for sort of off-topic. No idea about ETIME vs ETIMEDOUT.