Req for resolution: Installation Errors - libX11, libXtst

J Habib j_h001 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 07:38:00 PST 2012

Hello Team

I want to use xdotool for simulating click and touch on a MeeGo-based IVI device (Target).

I downloaded the xdotool from http://www.semicomplete.com/projects/xdotool/ and the pre-requisite libraries: libX11-1.4.4.tar.bz2 and libXtst-1.2.0.tar.bz2 from http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/individual/lib/ but I am not able to install the pre-requisite libraries on MeeGo using the config and makefiles provided with the package. Also zypper install xdotool or pkcon install xdotool on MeeGo Target is not able to fetch the xdotool as it is not available for MeeGo repository.

Please find below the list of errors displayed while configuring & make (libX11-1.4.4.tar.bz2):

./configure

checking keysym definitions... configure: error cannot find keysymdef.h

After providing the above header path in configure file (commenting the line 14262 and providing the hardcoded path at 14263), the following error is displayed on configure:

checking keysym definitions... ./configure: line 14488: syntax error near unexpected token '('
./configure: line 14488: `$ac_echo_n "(cached)" >&6`

make:
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop

(The above is probably because config is not complete)

make -f Makefile.am
Makefile.am:1:***missing separator. Stop

Could you please provide the info on or direct me to the concerned team for providing info on how to proceed for installation of xdotool on MeeGo and/or from where should I download the compatible xdotool and the pre-requisite libraries if the above are not compatible with MeeGo.

Thanks

J Habib