KeySym to Unicode?

Troy Watson drtwox at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 00:55:37 PST 2012

On 1/24/12, Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> wrote:
> Troy Watson, le Tue 24 Jan 2012 17:36:10 +1000, a écrit :
>> Does there exist a function in Xlib as simple as this...
>>
>> wchar_t unicode = XKeySymToUnicode( KeySym )
>>
>> ...to map a KeySym to it's Unicode equivalent? If not, why? What's
>> available to achieve similar results?
>
> XkbTranslateKeySym?
>
> Samuel

Thanks for the reply - Is that what I want though? Looking at
http://www.x.org/releases/current/doc/man/man3/XkbTranslateKeySym.3.xhtml
it returns me a KeySym and a char buffer filled with... something. I
just want a keysym->unicode code point conversion. I'm starting to
think such a thing doesn't exist in Xlib, for some unfathomable
reason.