X.org testing with Google Test

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Mon Jan 2 19:09:09 PST 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 02 2012, Matt Dew wrote:
>> I should add that our current tinderbox's use of jhautobuild is not so
>> much a conscious choice as a historical accident -- moving it over to
>> Jenkins would be a fine project if someone's interested in doing it.
>
> Would this be enough work to this qualify for a EVoC/GSoC project?

I've looked into that before, and I think the conclusion was that merely
moving from jhautobuild to Jenkins doesn't qualify for GSoC because it's
mainly a sysadmin kind of task rather than a programming kind of task.

But if someone was willing to move to Jenkins *and* add some interesting
new test features, that seems like it could fit the constraint.  I'd be
happy to help mentor such a project.

Thanks,

- Chris.
--