Cross compiling xorg 7.7

Leblanc-Lebeau, Francis Francis.Leblanc-Lebeau at verint.com
Mon Dec 10 11:23:21 PST 2012

Hi everyone !

I am trying to cross compile xorg 7.7 and I am having libtool errors when compiling libs, especially with libfixes and libX*
For some reason, libs that doesn't have libtool script tlmain.sh v2.4.2 can't parse its internal dependency_libs correctly and give this error when linking  (see below).
I have a workaround for the libs using libtool 2.4: I patched ltmain.sh form another library, using ltmain v2.4.2, and everything is fine. But for libs like libXfixes using libtool 2.2.6, I can't patch ltmain.sh

Here's an example using package libXfixes-5.0, Using Centos 6.3

./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --with-sysroot=/opt/verint/velix/i686/target --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --host=i686-unknown-linux-gnu CC=i686-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc AR=i686-unknown-linux-gnu-ar RANLIB=i686-unknown-linux-gnu-ranlib LD=i686-unknown-linux-gnu-ld CPP=i686-unknown-linux-gnu-cpp

make
[...]
  CCLD   libXfixes.la
libtool: link: warning: library `/opt/verint/velix/i686/target/usr/lib/libX11.la' was moved.
../libtool: line 6727: cd: =/usr/lib: No such file or directory
libtool: link: warning: cannot determine absolute directory name of `=/usr/lib'
/bin/grep: =/usr/lib/libxcb.la: No such file or directory
/bin/sed: can't read =/usr/lib/libxcb.la: No such file or directory

What can I do about those libs ?
Thanks in advance,

Francis Leblanc-Lebeau
Software developer
Verint Systems Inc.

This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential information of Verint Systems Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries.
The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) named above.
If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this e-mail for the intended recipient),
you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone this message or any information contained in this message.
If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by replying to this e-mail.