1.14 feature window closes ... today?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Dec 6 22:34:12 PST 2012

Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> writes:

> I really wouldn't mind getting the XWayland stuff in, but I won't be able
> to finish that off until Monday.  There's a patch series on the list with
> only a couple of comments from Peter so far, but in any case most of it is
> only adding codepaths used by XWayland and nothing else, so it shouldn't be
> particularly intrusive/risky.

Sounds like pushing the RC1 out until next Thursday (PST) might be good
then. Wouldn't hurt to have XWayland ready for testing with 1.14 as
Wayland starts to pick up steam after 1.0.

I don't want to push much beyond that; we're already taking a schedule
hit by making some of the bug window cross the holidays, which tends to
have a fairly dramatic impact on work getting done (too much egg nog?).

Thursday, Dec 13, 2012. I don't think we'll need to push the other dates
out, If we get catastrophic problems with the 'late arrivals', we can
always decide to back them out instead of fixing them (been done before,
after all).

keith.packard at intel.com