xwininfo: const in iconv

Thomas Klausner wiz at NetBSD.org
Sat Aug 25 21:28:12 PDT 2012

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 04:29:48PM -0700, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> On 08/25/12 03:11 PM, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> > I've just sent a patch to the mailing list which fixes all but two of them.
> > xwininfo.c: In function ‘usage’:
> > xwininfo.c:282:1: warning: function might be possible candidate for attribute ‘noreturn’
> >
> > I'm not sure how to portably specify this attribute.
>
> We have a macro for that in Xfuncproto.h, so you can use that, as Jeremy just
> did for this one:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/xwininfo/commit/?id=fa40ecdfb5cd068ba531b4439df5bbf660469d3a
>
> You can see the other attribute macros available in:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/proto/x11proto/tree/Xfuncproto.h.in#n84

Thank you, that's helpful. I've just sent another patch which adds
this to xwininfo.

I noticed that even after pulling your merge of my first patch, when
'git format-patch' wants to send both patches (the one you merged and
the new one). What's the proper procedure to make git "forget" my
first patch, or learn that it was already merged?
 Thomas