[XDC 2012] Conference Update #2

Egbert Eich eich at freedesktop.org
Thu Aug 23 13:21:37 PDT 2012

We are a little less than one month into XDC 2012 so
here's some update:

Registration:
-------------

So far we have 32 registered participants - which is pretty good.
If you plan to come and haven't added yourself to the participants
list at http://wiki.x.org/wiki/Events/XDC2012/Attendees, please do
so!

Presentations:
--------------

Our program list is still quite empty, so if you have something to
present, please add yourself to http://wiki.x.org/wiki/Events/XDC2012/Program!

Weekend Event:
--------------

As announced we are planning a hiking trip to the Frankonian countryside
on Saturday for all those are still there for the weekend. On this trip
we will have the opportunity to visit some local brewery beergardens.
if you would like to join us for this trip please register yourself
at http://wiki.x.org/wiki/Events/XDC2012/Weekend so that we get
a rough estimate on how many people to expect.

Hotel Reservation:
------------------

The reservation period for which we allocated rooms and negotiated
a special price at the Azimut Hotel is over - I've been informed
by the hotel that it is completely booked out at this time.
You may still try at one of the other hotels listed. All of them
are still at walking distance to the venue.
There are other hotels in the vicinity - however I have not stayed
at any of them. if you have difficulties finding a hotel please
contact the organizers.

Limited Email Access:

Speaking of contacting the organizers, I will have limited email
access for the next two weeks, thus if you have urgent inquiries,
please contact Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch at suse dot com> for assistance.

I've also updated the event Wiki pages accordingly.

See you in Nuernberg!

    Egbert.