FOSDEM2013: DevRoom or not?
libv at skynet.be
Sun Aug 12 06:50:16 PDT 2012
The FOSDEM organizers have sent out a call for devrooms. FOSDEM this
year is on the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd of February 2013.
After the success of this formula last year, where, for the first time
ever, we had a properly filled devroom schedule when the deadline hit, i
am going to re-apply the same formula:
* By the 28th of september, i need 6 committed speakers, otherwise i
will not apply for a DevRoom. 6 people need to apply for a talk slot
who _definitely_ will come to FOSDEM on February 2nd and/or 3rd 2013.
This "definitely" means:
* Don't knowingly plan anything else for this weekend.
* Come to FOSDEM even if your corporation does not fund you (though
feel free to contact the board individually for funding)
* Make sure that you are allowed to travel to the shengen area in
* Catastrophies excluded of course. Such catastrophies include
things like train-derailments and such, but explicitely excludes
* Scheduling based on timeliness of application: the earlier you apply,
the better slot you get.
* FOSDEMs final deadline for the full schedule is likely around 15th of
january 2013. But do not count on that deadline, we will only do
hourly slots, to keep people from running around between devrooms like
headless chickens. Only 12-16 slots will be available, first come,
I will set up a wiki page tonight, at http://wiki.x.org/wiki/fosdem2013
I hope we get a nice devroom like we had last time. That new building we
were in was really amazing, even though it took a while before all
FOSDEM visitors found it.
More information about the xorg-devel