[RFC] xserver: rip indexes out of the API/ABI

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue Apr 10 14:10:16 PDT 2012

On 04/10/12 07:47 AM, Dave Airlie wrote:
> This patch series tears strips out of the current API, its not complete,
> with further changes to ddc/i2c code I can remove all references to
> xf86Screens from drivers. I've got a bit more work to stop them
> peaking inside screenInfo.

And of course I went through them all before noticing it was just an RFC,
not a full review - that said, I'm pretty okay with them, other than the
handful of docs notes and the couple of questions I asked about consistency.

> Again it bears repeating , this tears up the current API pretty well,
> I've ported -ati, and its not brutally ugly on the driver side, esp
> if drivers define xf86ScrnToScreen and xf86ScreenToScrn themselves
> when its not there.

And one obvious gap is that the ABI version isn't bumped yet in this series,
but really, someone like Aaron should look over it before that happens.

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com