[Xcb] 7.7 katamari Release Notes draft & RC1 content list

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Fri Apr 6 21:12:46 PDT 2012

On 04/ 1/12 09:18 AM, Josh Triplett wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 01, 2012 at 08:34:06AM -0700, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>> On 04/ 1/12 01:12 AM, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
>>> Can we add Xvfb, Xnest, Xephyr, and Xfake in the future removals section? =)
>>
>> They're already there - third item in the list:
>> http://people.freedesktop.org/~alanc/7.7-draft-ReleaseNotes.html#Future_Removals
>>
>> Do I need to explicitly give their names to make it clearer?
>
> Yes, I think naming them would help, as well as naming the Xorg drivers
> that replace them (dummy and nested).

Okay, updated to:

          As described in the section called “Overview of X11R7.7”, this
Nested    release contains several X servers that either display onto another X
and       server (Xephyr & Xnest), or render into a virtual memory framebuffer
virtual X (Xvfb & Xfake). These may be replaced in a future release by use of
servers   the Xorg server with the xf86-video-nested and xf86-video-dummy
          drivers which perform the same tasks.

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com