7.7 katamari Release Notes draft & RC1 content list

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Mon Apr 2 14:13:41 PDT 2012

On 04/ 2/12 03:21 AM, Marty Jack wrote:
> xineramaproto 1.2.1
> xf86-video-wsfb	0.4.0

Thanks, fixed.

> Unknown if you might have meant to add libXaw3d 1.6.2

I did not, as nothing else in the katamari depends on it, and if you're
building a new system from scratch you may never need it if you're not
building one of the legacy clients that uses it instead of a modern toolkit.

I'd drop libXaw from the katamari if I could, but we still have clients in
the katamari that use it.

I would consider replacing libXaw with libXaw3d in the future, if all the
clients in the katamari were changed to use it (perhaps allowing a choice
of which Xaw to use in a configure macro?).

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com