[Xcb] 7.7 katamari Release Notes draft & RC1 content list

Michal Suchanek hramrach at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 03:10:00 PDT 2012

On 2 April 2012 01:06, Josh Triplett <josh at joshtriplett.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 07:53:24PM -0700, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>>             Several drivers use DDC information to set the screen size and
>>             pitch.  This can be overridden by explicitly resetting it to
>>             the and non-DDC default value 75 with the <code class="option">-dpi 75</code>
>>           command line option for the X
>>             server, or by specifying appropriate screen dimensions with the
>>             "DisplaySize" keyword in the "Monitor" section of the config
>>             file.
>
> As nice as it would be to have X go back to automatically having
> readable fonts on modern high-DPI displays, this paragraph no longer
> describes the current behavior of the X server.  X now gathers display
> size information from DDC at startup, prints it to the server log, then
> discards it and uses hard-coded incorrect values.

BTW there is a several years old bug report with patches to revert
this behaviour and to add an option to revert to using DDC but nobody
ever bothered to review any of them.

Speaking of DDC, is there any support for DDC1 still?

I recall some DDC1 removal but not sure if it was driver specific or
server-wide.

Thanks

Michal