[Pull Request] Glamor: A 2D rendering acceleration implementation based on OpenGL

Corbin Simpson mostawesomedude at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 10:12:05 PDT 2011

2011/9/28 zhigang gong <zhigang.gong at gmail.com>:
> 2011/9/28 Michel Dänzer <michel at daenzer.net>:
>> On Die, 2011-09-27 at 21:50 +0800, zhigang gong wrote:
>>>
>>> 3. Only support Intel platform currently.
>>> As glamor depends on KMS + MESA/EGL + GBM, currently only
>>> intel gfx device get supported.
>>
>> A Gallium based EGL driver (e.g. r3/600g, nouveau or llvmpipe) can
>> support all of the above, any particular reason why it wouldn't work
>> with that?
>
> You are talking about gallium driver, right? As I met some problem with
> intel's gallium driver, it just simply failed at egl initialization stage. And
> I was told that don't use gallium driver at that time. So you can see at
> my first email, I said please disable gallium when building mesa. That's
> my working environment.
>
> If those drivers satisfy all of the required features then theoretically glamor
> can work with them. But I never try it. If possible, you can have a try and
> see what will happen.

Unless I missed something, Intel doesn't endorse the Gallium drivers
for their hardware (i915g, i965g) yet. However, for the AMD and
nouveau teams, those drivers (r300g, r600g, nvfx, nv50) are the way
forward, so I'd hope that they work.

--
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir? ~ Keynes

Corbin Simpson
<MostAwesomeDude at gmail.com>