[libXext: PATCH] Fix id attributes, linkend and olinks

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Fri Sep 23 06:02:45 PDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-09-22 at 20:19 -0600, Matt Dew wrote:

> On 09/22/2011 03:13 PM, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> >>
> >> After you fix the long long long one-liner commit text,
> >
> > +1
>
> Whoops.  Sorry about that. ;/
> Fixed and pushed.
>
> Shall I post all the other patches, (they all do the same thing) or put
> up the repos that people can pull or, since the other patches are of the
> same things, should I just push those?

No need to post hundreds of identical patches. So as long as they do
just change the ids.
No "while in there" changes.

But please, fix the typo first: capitolization
I don't want anyone else making more typos than I do :-)

For reference inside the doc, would it not be more appropriate to use
xref or something?
I thought olink were for refrence across external documents? One
drawback of using olinks
is that the masterdb may or may not be there. There may be a performance
issue as well,
or other unforeseen side-effects. No need to use a bigger hammer than
necessary.

Recall the for olinks to work, the docs need to be installed (as well as
masterdb). It is inconvenient
for local links to rely on that. No one will complain now, but
eventually if people get use to it,
and use the doc from their dev build only, the local links would not
work. Unless, of course,
there is some smarts in docbook to workaround the situation. have you
tried it?

One suggestion for testing is to take some random sample of documents
and test the link actually works.