[Mesa-dev] X/Graphics DevRoom at FOSDEM 2012? (4-5 February)

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Tue Sep 20 04:42:47 PDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 02:33:08PM +0300, Alon Levy wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 12:32:21PM +0200, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> > >
> > > I'd like to talk about Xspice, and about plans for 3d support in spice.
> > >
> > > Spice is currently limited to qemu virtual machines, Xspice is a Xvnc like
> > > server using spice. The architecture is different in that it just implements
> > > a few drivers (which link with the spice server library) and uses Xorg binary
> > > without any changes. I can talk about the difficulties in doing that (X's
> > > select loop, too many apis for input events)
> > >
> > > 3D support - it's currently being designed. Nothing to show code/demo wise. But I
> > > hope to have a design to present by February, and would like to talk about it.
> >
> > This sound like a rather redhat specific topic. How certain are you that
> > redhat is going to send you to FOSDEM, and if they don't, are you coming
> > regardless?
> >

> I came on my own last year (well, Red Hat didn't require me to take vacation, but
> that's a policy that's still in effect this year as well), and I plan to do the same
> this year.

Ok, my apologies then, this i could not know (i spent 5 minutes trying
to locate you geographically, but failed, probably didn't try hard
enough), and your email (especially the people in CC) mostly pointed
towards your attendance pending on corporate sponsorship.

So, great, a spice talk it is then :) 3 slots filled, 3 left to go! The
sooner i have them filled, the sooner i will go and talk to the FOSDEM
organizers :)

Luc Verhaegen.