Bus layer cleanups

Matt Turner mattst88 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 10:50:06 PDT 2011

ajax sent the original series out in Sept 2010 and has added some
more on top of it since then.

His original message was

On Sep 21, 2010, at 6:28 PM, Adam Jackson wrote:
> This attempts to tackle Tiago's (justified) hatred for the IOADDRESS type
> in a slightly more elegant way.  We move more of the VGA hacks to vgahw,
> port it and int10 over to pciaccess' legacy I/O API, and then clean up
> some of the remaining detritus.
>
> THIS IS AN ABI BREAK.  Like, a pretty massive one.  Please do not pull
> this yet.  I'm mostly looking for r-b's here that the strategy looks
> sane.  The driver work needs to land before this lands, and it's pretty
> trivial, but I don't want to bother unless this is actually going to
> merge.
>
> Once (if) this lands, the only remaining direct usage of {in,out}[bwl]
> in xserver will be xf86SlowBcopy (jokes).  This also makes it plausible
> to convert the rest of the drivers to the pciaccess API, which then
> means we can drop roughly 137% of the content of compiler.h.
>
> ---
>
> The following changes since commit c768cdda92696b636c10bb2df64167d5274b4b99:
>
>  Merge remote branch 'jamey/reviewed' (2010-09-13 16:48:33 -0700)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>  ssh://people.freedesktop.org/~ajax/xserver.git ioaddress

I merged patches 6 and 12 from the ioaddress branch since #12 just added a
lost } from #6. Patch 2 had some tab/space mess which I also fixed.

Let's get this reviewed so we can kill compiler.h.

Thanks,
Matt