xorg master vs Emulate3Buttons

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Fri Oct 28 09:55:30 PDT 2011

I updated the laptop’s display stack again (still all master); the
last compile there was back in June.  Now my xorg.conf input config
is ignored.

I have (summarizing):

Section "ServerLayout"
  InputDevice  "evKeyboard" "CoreKeyboard"
  InputDevice  "evRelMouse" "CorePointer"
Section "InputDevice"
  Identifier   "evRelMouse"
  Driver       "evdev"
  Option       "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
  Option       "Device" "/dev/input/by-path/platform-i8042-serio-1-event-mouse"
  Option       "GrabDevice" "true"
EndSection

but the server ignores that now.  (The /dev file is there and is correct.)

What is the new trick to get Emulate3Buttons to work?

The laptop’s lack of midle buttons is maddening.

-JimC