Glamor - next step

Zhigang Gong zhigang.gong at linux.intel.com
Thu Oct 20 20:00:20 PDT 2011

Hi folks,

Thanks for your valuable advices. To incrementally merge glamor with current
video driver is indeed a more reasonable and less risk solution than merge it
directly into xorg.

The idea to bind BOs to a textures works fine. Actually, I already did so when I
try to get DRI2 work with glamor.

Now, it become clear for next step.

1. Extract the device independent part of glamor into an independent library which
  could be linked by other ddx driver.
2. Incrementally change current intel-video driver's rendering path to GL-based
  rendering path.

If there is still any misunderstanding, please help to point it out.
Thanks.

-- zhigang