Help: "XF86DGAGetVideo:failed to map video memory". I used libXxf86dga-1.1.1 on Ubuntu 10.04 on intel GMA 4500MHD(Intel GM45 chipset)

Corbin Simpson mostawesomedude at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 01:38:31 PDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 6:17 PM, Focus.Luo <luoyanqing at sjtu.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 1, Does the intel GM45 chipset support DGA(direct graphic access)?
>
> 2, If it supports, why I used the function
> XF86DGAGetVideo(dis, DefaultScreen(dis), &addr, &width, &bank, &ram); and It
> returen "XF86DGAGetVideo:failed to map video memory". But I used the
> function XF86DGAQueryDirectVideo, It work well. Does somebody can help me?
>
> thanks,
>

> DGA(direct graphic access) Lib: libXxf86dga-1.1.1
>
> Xserver: xorg
>
> Graphic Driver: intel_drv.so 2.9.1
>
> OS: Ubuntu 10.04
>
> Gpaphic: intel GMA 4500MHD(Intel GM45 chipset)

Hi,

The answer's largely still the same. Maybe the correct thing to do is
to port your DGA-using code to a more generic way of accessing the
screen. Is your application dependent on speedy drawing? Is GL a
possibility?

~ C.

--
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir? ~ Keynes

Corbin Simpson
<MostAwesomeDude at gmail.com>