[PULL] build fix, GC clipping cleanup

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Oct 4 13:02:19 PDT 2011

On Tue, 4 Oct 2011 12:47:22 -0700, Aaron Plattner <aplattner at nvidia.com> wrote:

> Oh, you mean have the driver allocate the storage before calling down?
> Yeah, that's a good idea.

Thinking about how this mixes in with my idea of just using the existing
callback infrastructure instead of using wrappers -- the current scheme
makes it clear what order things are done in; fb is initialized, then
the driver initializes on top of that, leaving it in control of the
CreatePixmap hook. With callbacks, we'd need to make who gets called
explicit, and for CreatePixmap, we probably want a different order than
DestroyPixmap.

keith.packard at intel.com