[PULL] prep work for screen crossing fixes

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Mon Oct 3 22:58:42 PDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 03:35:41PM +1000, Peter Hutterer wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 10:02:28PM -0700, Jamey Sharp wrote:

> > > is it ever other than 0/0?
> >
> > Sure, that's legal (though crazy). Besides the xorg.conf ServerLayout
> > syntax for positioning a Screen "RightOf", "Below", etc, you can also
> > set the screen's absolute position.
>
> right, that's for a single screen. but can the desktop origin ever be
> non-zero? Can you have layout where the first screen goes from say -1024..0
> and the second from 0..1204?

I believe that could happen in this kind of config, for example:

Screen "screen1" -1024 0
Screen "screen2" RightOf "screen1"

I think it might also happen if you did:

Screen "screen1"
Screen "screen2" LeftOf "screen1"

I also don't think there's anything forcing screens to be contiguous. In
general I believe the config parser gives you plenty of rope to shoot
yourself in the foot.

Jamey