[RFC] Xdummy standalone binary or "-dummy" switch

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Sun Oct 2 22:51:12 PDT 2011

On 01/10/11 04:12, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>>  if ( (geteuid() != getuid()) ) {
>
> It's not that simple to check for elevated privs in a world with
> saved setids and other forms of privilege manipulation - issetugid() is
> useful if it's available - for instance see:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/libX11/tree/src/xlibi18n/lcFile.c#n234

There are only 2 or 3 places that will require this check, but seeing
the level of complexity of the code you posted above it probably makes
sense to define a static helper function somewhere in /common/ ?
It doesn't look like there is a need for non-posix/os-specific code, but
I am not familiar enough with all the OSes supported by Xorg to be certain.
If that approach sounds ok, let me know and I'll post a proper patch
(git and everything)

Antoine