[PULL] bus cleanup, darwin hw/xfree86, build regression fixes

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Sat Oct 1 23:26:38 PDT 2011

On Sep 26, 2011, at 1:18 PM, Keith Packard wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 13:14:57 -0700, Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at apple.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for more eyes!
>
> As always, I'm looking for rough consensus about this before I merge it
> in; please let me know what you're looking for before it can be merged
> to master.

Anyone?  I really want to get this merged before we release a "beta1".  What reservations do people still have?  If it's just "I don't want to change my driver", then I don't think that's a particularly good argument.  The drivers listed below fail to build after these changes.  Most of the others get new warnings about the deprecated IOADDRESS, but they still build.  I finished setting up a new (private) linux box to test my changes on.  I'll be able to test the vesa, radeon, nv, and nouveau drivers.

If nobody speaks up with concrete concerns and I'm able to test this successfully, then I think we should merge this as a solid step in the right direction.

new driver build failures:
xf86-video-chips
xf86-video-cirrus
xf86-video-i128