Howto determine screen geometry?

Stef Bon stef at bononline.nl
Wed May 25 04:25:33 PDT 2011

  On 05/23/2011 09:42 PM, Aaron Plattner wrote:
> On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 09:20:31AM -0700, Stef Bon wrote:
>>    On 05/22/2011 04:23 PM, Mikhail Gusarov wrote:
>>> Twas brillig at 16:19:49 22.05.2011 UTC+02 when stef at bononline.nl did gyre and gimble:
>>>
>>>    SB>   Isn't it possible to just get that information from the Xserver??
>>>
>>> xrandr + awk
>>>
>> Does not work, since randr and Xinerama do not combine.
> Use the Xinerama extension:
>
> xdpyinfo -ext XINERAMA
>
> You can query similar information from a program using the functions in
> libXinerama.
Great! Thanks.

It works like:

xdyinfo -display :0 -ext XINERAMA | grep head
   head #0: 1920x1080 @ 1920,0
   head #1: 1920x1080 @ 0,0

this is the information I'm looking for. Thanks!

But also it suprises me, since I see in the whole output only one screen
reported.
I thought the display :0 has two screens (each head one). The first is
:0.0, the second :0.1.
Am I wrong here?

Stef