evdev: support for touchscreens not providing BTN_TOUCH

Chase Douglas chase.douglas at canonical.com
Mon May 23 05:51:19 PDT 2011

On 05/22/2011 04:48 PM, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

>  Chase> This is classic "works on android!" multitouch support. It's the
>  Chase> reason I wrote documentation for the evdev protocol in the Linux
>  Chase> kernel. The kernel driver needs to be fixed.
>
> Sorry, don't see the Anroid connection here? This is a normal PC-style
> USB HID interface touchscreen without any custom driver.
>
> See below for the HID descriptors. I don't quite see any existing quirks
> suitable for such a conversion. What do you suggest?

I assumed it was an android touchscreen because the android drivers tend
to show the same symptoms. Since this is USB HID, I would suggest asking
on linux-input at vger.kernel.org and CC'ing Benjamin Tissoires
<benjamin.tissoires at enac.fr> specifically. He's been writing the generic
USB HID multitouch driver, and he would know how to quirk things to work
for your device.

Sorry for the confusion!

-- Chase