how can I fix the issue?I need your advise?

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Thu May 19 19:12:26 PDT 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 05:48:47PM +0800, jianwei.yao wrote:
> When I update the Xorg-sever-1.7.1 to 1.10.1 ,my board can't make the screen start up,but it can before I did it ,what's up?
> In the  /var/log/xorg.0.log,it indicates ' (EE) module ABI major version (6) doesn't match the server's version (10)',
> if it the xserver is too new and the driver is too old, How can I do to modify the video ABI version,or what should I do to
> fix the issue.

I can't help you beyond this one piece of advice, but I can say you need
to recompile your driver against the new version of the server. Binary
drivers compiled against 1.7 won't run correctly on 1.10 no matter what
you do. And if you don't have the source code for the driver, you'll
have to wait for your vendor to provide a version that works with 1.10.

Jamey