About kdrive status

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Wed May 11 22:09:29 PDT 2011

Hi Peng!

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 12:30:13PM +0800, Liu Peng wrote:
> Thank you very much for your clarification, Jamey!
> But kdrive is suitable for embedded device, isn't it?

These days people are using the X.Org server in embedded devices. If you
find that it's too big for your needs, then the right answer is to
improve the X.Org server, not to use kdrive. I believe they're pretty
similar in size now anyway.

In short: My advice is to start with the X.Org server (still sometimes
called the xfree86 DDX for historic reasons) and come back if you can't
get it to meet your needs.

Hope that helps,
Jamey