[PUSH xf86-video-nested] Driver for nesting X-servers

Tim F tim.cs.pdx at gmail.com
Fri May 6 00:04:06 PDT 2011

Good evening,

We have uploaded and made available our nested driver at
xorg/drive​r/xf86-vid​eo-nested. It allows you to run an instance of
X-server within a program window. Instruction or in the ReadMe. It supports
basic mouse and keyboard operation. Window size is currently fixed when you
configure it, which is a change we hope to improve.

It is capable of multiple nestings, and you can run different versions of
X-server in each window. I don't know the full range of which ones work, but
we have used it with the 1.7s and the 1.9s.

I'm open to comments so try it and let us know what you think.

Tim
Weseung
Colin