xf86-input-synaptics

Cedric Sodhi manday at gmx.net
Thu May 5 23:45:37 PDT 2011

As for 1) (Clickpad). Will these new patches happen to adress the kernel
driver as well, so that we might have an option "Emulate 2/3-Button
presses" as with ClickFinger-2-3 in the kernel? So far, using GPM is out
of the question because I can only left click with that pad*.

2) Although I think Peter is making the issue seem more
complicated than it is (as for detecting when a user means to hold a
mod), I see his point that this is unlikely to be the responsbility of
the driver.

I for my part will probably go for a "double click in upper left corner
disabled touchpad", as it's proposed by HP. The LED would be perfect for
that :P

Cedric

* The Hp-Clickpad has a single, strip at the bottom of the touchpad
which is clickable. According to HP, the exact click should be
determined by accounting for the current "touch" when the click is made.