glproto changes

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Wed May 4 18:17:02 PDT 2011

So I wasn't watching and glproto broke its interface, and I think its bad.

Why?

You can no longer bisect things across this point without now moving glproto.
glxproto.h:xGLXBufferSwapComplete was a released header file
definition, you cannot go back and change history.

This should have been handled with xGLXBufferSwapComplete2 struct that
newer mesa and X server could would use
instead of the older code. Old code would build against the old broken
defintion but since its broken it wouldn't matter,
and new code would build against the new fixed definition.

This doesn't address the I need the latest glproto to build mesa and
my distro doesn't have which concerns me less
than the I can't bisect anymore and I fully agree with Jesse that the
last time we tried using #ifdef for this sort of thing it led
to a number of untested combos resulting in impossible to debug issues.

Dave.