auto generated glx code in X server

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 20:52:40 PDT 2011

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 11:24 AM, Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I know this used to work, but it seems to be well busted now.
>
> If you made glx changes in mesa you could just set XORG_BASE and run
> make and it would regenerate all the files in the X server which
> really are cryptic as all hell. Now when I do that stuff breaks all
> over the place, missing include, glx code in X won't build anymore
> etc.
>
> Is this still supposed to work?

Since nobody respsonded to this, and now ajax has started cleaning up
the files that are meant to be shared between X and Mesa in the X server,

can we come up with a plan that might work?

plans I can think off:

a) undo ajax's cleanup, fix generator scripts to work again (not sure
how possible that is
since Olv's mapi changes), import latest GLX into server on a
semi-regular basis.

b) move all the xml files into glproto or somewhere like that, have
Mesa generator scripts
do mesa code and X.org generator script generate X.org code, set
glapi.c/h glthread.c/h
on their own paths for ever more in each project.

Dave.