1.11 release process (was: [PULL] -next branch for 1.11)

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Tue Mar 1 09:52:34 PST 2011

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 09:14:26PM -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
> Do we need more formal rules for merging code? The RandR 1.4 server code
> was merged before the protocol and library APIs had seen sufficient
> review, but we don't have a formal process for either of those
> modules. Anyone know how to help with that? -- We don't have an official
> protocol tree maintainer at this point, although Daniel Stone did
> volunteer to put together another proposal for merging those trees
> together, and if that happened, maybe we could convince him to run a
> couple of cycles as release manager.

Yeah, that got caught up in unexpected holiday and/or moving continents;
by the time I'd got to it, I'd missed the feature freeze for 1.10, so
just shuffled it down my TODO list and moved on.  I could try again for
1.11, and am happy to maintain it.

I described my rough plan here:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg-devel/2010-September/013145.html

Feedback/encouragement/discouragement welcome.

Cheers,
Daniel