1.11 release process (was: [PULL] -next branch for 1.11)

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Mar 1 09:07:27 PST 2011

On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 08:44:20 -0800, Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at apple.com> wrote:

> I think that locked-step changes should be done as simultaneously as
> possible.

A randrproto/extproto release should always work with current server
releases, so it should be possible to release the protocol headers
before the server bits. We had a bunch of trouble with this in the past
when the server would advertise extension protocol numbers pulled
directly from the extension headers instead of having them separately
defined in the server sources.

keith.packard at intel.com