Build fixes (was Anything more for xproto 7.0.22?)

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Sun Jun 5 08:22:31 PDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-06-05 at 11:48 +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:

> On Sat, Jun  4, 2011 at 09:25:07 -0400, Gaetan Nadon wrote:
>
> > The DocBook/XML olink databases (this is what those files are) are
> > installed in the location provided by the specs/Makefile variable
> > sgmldbsdir which is set to $(XORG_SGML_PATH)/X11/dbs. The value of
> > XORG_SGML_PATH is obtained from the macro XORG_CHECK_SGML_DOCTOOLS (see
> > config.log). The macro obtains the value from pkg-config
> > --variable=sgmlrootdir xorg-sgml-doctools. Perhaps the
> > xorg-sgml-doctools was installed in /usr/share.
> >
> That needs to be overridden for distcheck.  One of the requirements of
> distcheck is that everything is installed under $prefix (which is
> different from xorg-sgml-doctools' prefix).  So there needs to be a
> --with-sgml-path=foo override for the detected path.
>
> Cheers,
> Julien

Yuck, I had not realized I had created one of those monsters. While
xorg-sgml-doctools was read-only, no problem. When using it to populate
the target dbs for document cross-referencing, write permission began to
matter.

An alternative is to install the *.db files in their respective packages
and have the xorg-sgml-doctools masterdb point to the packages. Either
way we do it, there will be warnings about olinks not found during
distcheck. This is because for olinks to work, all packages, including
xorg-sgml-doctools, must be installed under the same $prefix.

I'll give that a try.

Thanks!