Build fixes (was Anything more for xproto 7.0.22?)

Cyril Brulebois kibi at debian.org
Sat Jun 4 14:52:49 PDT 2011

Gaetan Nadon <memsize at videotron.ca> (04/06/2011):
> Is it intentional for these files to be installed in /usr/share? The
> docs are installed in $home, so I wonder.

This smells like a missing DESTDIR support or something similar.

Our (Debian's) packages use a /usr prefix, but stuff is usually built
from sources in $(CURDIR), below $(CURDIR)/build, and installed under
$(CURDIR)/debian/tmp.

Installing into $(CURDIR)/debian/tmp works by setting DESTDIR to that
directory.

I'd assume that distcheck does something similar. However, if you're
blindly trying to access /usr or /usr/share directly at this point, you
lose. Which I guess is happening here.

KiBi.