more patches for linking docs

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue Jul 5 14:37:01 PDT 2011

On 07/ 1/11 12:11 PM, Matt Dew wrote:
> A couple quick patches to allow some links in the shapelib doc.
>
> Also,
> Up until now all, and including these patches, the id attributes have been
> all lowercase rather than matching the case of the text their for,
> IE: MapError:  id='maperror' instead of 'id='MapError'.   xml is case sensitive so
> everything that links to these must match the case.
>
> I thought this would be more consistent however after thinking about it and seeing someone
> comment on the irc about a function and a declared constant being identical except
> for capitolization, I think now  I made the wrong choice.
>
> Thoughts?  Should I stop making the id attributes all lowercase and
> instead make them match whatever item they are for? That will require going back
> and updating all the previous ids at some point.

I'd matched the capitalization when I was adding ids to tags, but I admit not
having thought deeply about it.   I agree long-term we want consistency either
way, so people adding cross-reference links aren't always having to look up
which ones are which, but don't have strong feelings about which is better.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com