Spinning in _XReply

Pat Kane pekane52 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 19:03:55 PST 2011

  On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 7:51 PM, Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at apple.com> wrote:
  > So... what should we do about this?

A good first step would be to try come up with a small-ish test case,
or to at least
figure out how to reproduce the problem on another system.   I use
EMACS on my RHEL6
and Ubuntu 10.10 systems a lot, and have not see the problem.  What is IDL?

The only Mac that I have access to is a Mac Mini that I bought for my
lovely wife
two years ago, but she does not really like me getting too near to it.

A work-around would be to increment a static count in the code that is looping
and break out, with an ugly warning message when the count gets too high.
But then your users might complain about some other thing being borked...

Pat
---