xserver distcheck broken with and without --disable-devel-docs

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Sun Feb 20 11:05:25 PST 2011

On Sun, 2011-02-20 at 08:51 -0800, Dan Nicholson wrote:

> I don't see how this could be automake doing anything. doxygen has
> been passed the correct path to doxygen.conf, but it's having trouble
> finding doxygen.head, which isn't specified on the command line.

Correct. Something too long to explain confused me.

> Why don't we just generate doxygen.conf at build time with correct
> srcdir paths. Something like this (untested, formatting broken by
> gmail, using rename detection):

That's the right solution, I tried that in a smaller package and it's
clean. Also:

PROJECT_NUMBER         = "@PACKAGE_VERSION@"
OUTPUT_DIRECTORY       = @abs_builddir@

It could use some cruft removal, it has not been changed for 7 years.
The css and header files can be deleted. Ancient look. The default css
is way better.
The conf file need upgraded and the footer can be regenerated by
doxygen.
All the LN_S can be removed.

Who ever looks after xserver documentation...