setxkbmap: Refactoring for better style and maintainability?

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Fri Feb 11 11:18:57 PST 2011

On 02/10/11 04:55 PM, Van de Bugger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking into setxkbmap source. It looks like it written more than
> 30 years ago.

Only half that bad:
 Copyright (c) 1996 by Silicon Graphics Computer Systems, Inc.

> Who is the maintainer of setxkbmap? Would you accept such fix?

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/doc/xorg-docs/tree/MAINTAINERS
currently lists no dedicated maintainer, which means the community
at large picks up whatever occasional work happens (which as you
can see from http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/setxkbmap/log/
is not a huge amount).   Of course, our XKB maintainer, Daniel Stone,
does have a larger say than most community members.

As the person who has touched the code most recently, I'd be willing
to consider patches to make the code more maintainable.

Our guide for submitting patches to X.Org is at:
http://www.x.org/wiki/Development/Documentation/SubmittingPatches

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com