XInput 2.1 / multitouch branches

Blub blub at speed.at
Mon Feb 7 12:30:19 PST 2011

Hey there.
I've been playing around with the multitouch branches of xorg-git the
last few days.

I'm about to build a multitouch table and currently am using my android
phone to test the software. (With a little tool reading from the event
device, converting its type-A multitouch events into type-B multitouch
events and sending them over the network into uinput.)

I was wondering if maybe someone could point me into some direction
regarding testing xi2.1. (applications/WMs or branches thereof which
have some experimental support...?)

Currently thought about writing a "helper" application, which should
basically grab the MT device to provide some control over windows
(moving, resizing), but the grab seems to only deliver button events, no
touch events (yet?)? (I'm trying to read into the xorg code so maybe I
can provide a patch if it's desired, but I'm not yet familiar enough
with it to make any promises :) )

Best regards,
Wolfgang