[Patch] refactor pointer acceleration

Oldřich Jedlička oldium.pro at seznam.cz
Sun Feb 6 04:48:43 PST 2011

Hi Simon,

On Sunday 06 February 2011 14:15:55 Simon Thum wrote:
> On 02/06/2011 10:18 AM, walter harms wrote:
> > hi Simon,
> > thx for you effort, just one thing:
> > you will get more feedback when you send the patches one by one
> > in the body and not as attachment.
>
> Well, I admit sticking to the workflow easiest for me, since my mailer
> just inlines text attachments so it doesn't impair me when others do
> that. I'll see if I can make Thunderbird and git friends somehow.

I used Git several times on other projects to send mails (patches, patch
series) to mailing lists directly. It just needs to configure the Git mailer
for that. I used `git format-patch` to prepare patch series into a separate
directory (don't remember exact parameters) and `git send-emails` to send the
patches from that directory to target mailing list.

Cheers,
Oldřich.