Xfbdev fails with "no screens found"

Dushara Jayasinghe dushara.jayasinghe at hydrix.com
Wed Apr 13 19:32:57 PDT 2011

  Hi Thanks for the reply.

Somehow I stuffed up the post with all the relevant info. I've pasted it
here again:

----------------------------------- >8
DISPLAY wasn't the issue. To cut a long story short... I needed to
update some stuff on buildroot.

However, it's still not working properly. I had to add the attached
patch to get it to work with the frame buffer device I'm using. Xfbdev
runs fine now but when I execute xlogo, nothing is displayed on the
screen. The part of the screen gets 'cleared' so I know that it writes
/something/ to /dev/fb0.

The output of fbset -i:

# fbset -i

mode "240x128-158"
# D: 5.000 MHz, H: 20.325 kHz, V: 157.560 Hz
geometry 240 128 240 128 1
timings 200000 3 1 0 0 2 1
rgba 0/0,0/0,0/0,0/0
endmode

Frame buffer device information:
Name : DISP0 BG
Address : 0x906b8000
Size : 4096
Type : PACKED PIXELS
Visual : MONO01
XPanStep : 1
YPanStep : 1
YWrapStep : 0
LineLength : 32
Accelerator : No
#

I'm using Xfbdev because, this is for an embedded product and I want to
keep things as small as possible.

The framebuffer driver I'm using is for a monochrome LCD panel running
on an iMX.25 based system (I tweaked the driver supplied by Freescale to
suite our needs.

Thanks.
Dushara

P.S. What is preferred on this ML top/bottom posts?

dushara.jayasinghe at hydrix.com | +61 3 8573 5221