[PULL] xserver leaks

Tiago Vignatti tiago.vignatti at nokia.com
Mon Apr 4 03:50:30 PDT 2011

Hi,

This set fixes all resource leaks found inside the server by the Coverity
Static Code Analysis tool and considered by such as outstanding. I only skip a
few defects that are not interesting for MeeGo, such as font server stuff or
the xorg.conf generator code. Please, pull it Keith. There's one single patch
concerning this set that was queued by Peter ("xfree86: loader: fix memory
leaks in LoaderListDirs").

The way that I worked was quite robotic and näive: I was looking the defect
on the static analyser tool, then without trying to understand much the
surroundings I was coding the fix for it. Of course this is not good enough,
but it made myself produce quite fast patches. Then I relied on reviewers'
expertize to do the rest of the job. I thank Peter, Nicolas, Dan, Alan and
Soeren for quickly giving their feedback.

  Tiago

The following changes since commit f9834d312e3059073e8ad77d9f9d57cb9d96e1e5:
  Dave Airlie (1):
        fb: cleanup fbChangeWindowAttributes

are available in the git repository at:

  ssh+git://vignatti@people.freedesktop.org/~vignatti/xserver for-keith

Tiago Vignatti (23):
      dix: remove unused debug code
      dix: remove unused macro
      xorg: remove unused pointer values all over the server
      xfree86: dri2: fix memory leak and free resources properly
      mi: fix memory leak in miInitVisuals
      xi: fix memory leak in ProcXIQueryDevice
      mi: fix memory leak in miFillUniqueSpanGroup
      dix: fix memory leak in SetDefaultFontPath
      Xi: fix memory leak in ProcXGetSelectedExtensionEvents
      fb: fix memory leak in fbOverlayFinishScreenInit
      xfree86: fix memory leak in xf86ConfigFbEntity
      xfree86: fix memory leaks in configLayout
      xfree86: fix bad free configInputDevices
      xfree86: fix memory leak in xf86LoadModules
      os: use DebugF for debugging
      os: fix memory and fd leaks in Popen
      dix: fix memory leak in AllocPseudo
      dix: fix memory leak in AllocShared
      xi: fix memory leak in AddExtensionClient
      mi: fix memory leak in miZeroLine
      dix: fix memory leak in ProcListExtensions
      xkb: fix fd leak in XkbDDXListComponent
      render: fix memory leaks in ProcRenderCompositeGlyphs

 Xext/xtest.c                   |    5 +----
 Xi/exevents.c                  |    8 ++++++--
 Xi/getprop.c                   |    2 +-
 Xi/getselev.c                  |    6 +++---
 Xi/xiquerydevice.c             |    4 +++-
 dix/colormap.c                 |    2 ++
 dix/dixfonts.c                 |   18 +++---------------
 dix/extension.c                |    5 ++---
 fb/fboverlay.c                 |    8 ++++++--
 fb/fbscreen.c                  |    4 ----
 hw/xfree86/common/xf86Config.c |   32 +++++++++++++++++++++++---------
 hw/xfree86/common/xf86Helper.c |    1 +
 hw/xfree86/common/xf86Init.c   |    4 +++-
 hw/xfree86/dri2/dri2.c         |    9 +++++++--
 mi/micmap.c                    |    2 ++
 mi/midispcur.c                 |   10 +---------
 mi/mipointer.c                 |    1 -
 mi/mispans.c                   |    2 ++
 mi/mizerline.c                 |    6 ++++--
 xfixes/region.c                |    2 --
 xkb/ddxList.c                  |    4 +++-