Build error: pixmapPrivate

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Thu Sep 30 11:59:46 PDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 08:49:39PM +0200, Luc Verhaegen wrote:

> > I believe you're conflating
> >
> > "changes that break the build of merged drivers will not be pushed"
> >
> > with
> >
> > "drivers merged in the server are the only ones that matter"
> >
> > which, okay, that's a pretty standard comprehension failure for you I
> > suppose.
> >
> > - ajax
>
> Please re-read the above and your subsequent statements.
>
> Your first statement does indeed say: we are free to push changes which
> break drivers, without taking responsibility for unbreaking those
> drivers.
>
> Luc Verhaegen.

One empty bladder later; You're right, i am mixing things here...

"changes that break the build of merged drivers will not be pushed"...
to the server by the release manager of the server.

That's just stating: the server release manager cannot be bothered to
look any further.

How about if this sort of strategy was actively applied: changes from
which the release manager assumes that they will break driver will be
withheld until this fear is proven wrong or until the issues are
solved/patches are provided to fix this.

Maybe combined with a posterior tactic of making the author of the
breaking patch responsible for breakage, which might finally instill
proactive and forward thinking in some developers.

Luc Verhaegen.