xf86-video-geode: Changes to 'master'

Huang, FrankR FrankR.Huang at amd.com
Wed Sep 29 22:56:27 PDT 2010

See below:

> This looks broken.  lx_output_mode_valid() now returns MODE_OK for every
> possible mode, but takes great pains to get there.  The commit message
> doesn't help, I have no idea what it's trying to say.
I have not received your mail until Martin forwarded it to me just now. If you don't understand what I means in commit message, I think you should see the code in ATI&&Intel driver. It can prove what I have committed. So I don't know why you give the "broken" conclusion. I totally disagree with your point.
The mode valid function should return MODE_OK at the last stage of this function. If the driver give MODE_BAD at last, most modes will be filtered out including the modelines in xorg.conf. If you disagree with me, please give your reason and solved method.
I definitely know MODE_OK will be returned in this function now for every condition. But you should know my patch is based on the patch Otavio committed on 5/29/2010. If there is some condition we need give MODE_XXX, we can add code. But the last return value of this function must be MODE_OK. That is my point.