Disabling monitors with bad EDIDs?!?!

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Sep 22 13:28:52 PDT 2010

Am 21.09.10, 14:59 +0100 schrieb Richard Hughes:
> On 19 September 2010 11:56, Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd be interested in checking if your EDID has somehow been corrupted.
>
> The LP2480zx has a feature where it can update the EDID with the
> correct colorspace co-ordinates depending on the chosen colorspace. It
> would appear if you turn this feature off (to never change the EDID
> even if you change the 3d lut) the EDID checksum is incorrect.
>
> I'm pretty sure this EDID updating feature is turned on by default,
> although it's kinda hard to turn on if you ever turned it off, as the
> OSD for this feature is only available if you have a valid input,
> which in the case of the new drm, you won't.

a comment on dynamic EDID handling:
Some devices need a firmware update. I checked on osX which handles
dynamic EDIDs fine. Nouveau on Fedora13 and the nvidia driver
openSUSE-11.2 fail to update the EDID info. The X server needs to be
restarted before the changed EDID becomes visible.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management