dead code in build.sh?

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue Sep 21 13:48:28 PDT 2010

Adrian Bunk wrote:
> What serious problems do you have when you are using the autotools in
> the X.Org components?

When building the packages for my distro, the only serious problem I have
is having to basically remove libtool from the compilation/linking steps
since it refuses to allow me to specify the correct linker flags and insists
it knows more about my platform's linker than the people who write it.

Fortunately, this is not hard to do with a bit of perl scripting to edit the
generated Makefiles to replace $(LIBTOOL) --mode=compile with $(CC) and
$(LIBTOOL) --mode=link with $(LD) (well, it's a bit more complicated than
that, but not as horribly complicated as libtool itself).

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com