X under valgrind?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat Oct 30 13:03:59 PDT 2010

On 30 Oct 2010, Jeremy Huddleston told this:

> Nix, have you made any progress on this issue?

No, sorry, work went crazy. It's on my list to look at tomorrow.
(It's not helped by the bug suddenly becoming intermittent, for no
obvious reason. If it is FP-related I might try emptying my font
path and just living off the font server and seeing if that makes
the problem more frequent.)

> My guess is that we're running into a reference count issue.  This has

I suspect you're right.

>     Silence FPE error message; according to ajax, this bug is known
>     but not worth fixing.

No mention as to what the bug is though. :)

> Here's a patch to re-add the logging.  It would be interesting to see
> if it's getting hit.  Are you able to reproduce this 100% of the time?

I was, but this changed :( it's about 25% right now.

I'll apply the logging patch and see what happens.