3MB Memory Leak in KDrive Xfbdev

vrushali shinde vrushali1201 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 04:03:12 PDT 2010

Hello All,
I need to launch XServer in a thread and terminate(release resources and
kill thread) XServer whenever required. To achieve this, I have created a
shared library of Kdrive-XServer. To start XServer I load the Xserver shared
lib, and launch the  Xfbdev server in a thread. For terminating Xserver, I
call    GiveUp (0); function, that releases the XServer resources, then I
dlclose on Xserver library. However, when I start and terminate XServer in
above way, there seems to happen 3MB of memory leak in every cycle. After
narrowing down it is seen that following 2 function calls increase the
memory to 3M at start and is not release at termination. The functions
are:   InitInput(argc, argv);  and InitAndStartDevices(); These are the
observation on ARM target board.
When above scenario is simulated on x86 machine, and Valgrind is run, it
does not show memory leaks in above mentioned functions, instead it shows
definite loss of 1,244 bytes of memory in KdInitOutput() and some other
minor definite losses.
I need to find out the 3M memory loss on target ARM board for
InitInput(argc, argv); and InitAndStartDevices(); functions. For this I did
try to release memory allocations in InitInput(), but no success. If I
comment   below lines from KdProcessArgument(), then the 3M chunk leak does
not happen however with this mouse and keyboard are not initialized and I
need to have keyboard and mouse. Can anyone help me out to find out the 3M
chunk and how to avoid it / release it?
<----------------------
 KdAddConfigKeyboard("keyboard,/dev/tty0");
    KdAddConfigPointer("mouse,/dev/input/mice");
    kdHasPointer = TRUE;
    kdHasKbd = TRUE;

In addition to information below, I also get get following error when
closing VT "Cant deallocate console..." Can  this error contribute to some
or all of the 3M memory leak?
Please let me know if anyone has got any clue about this  or have faced
simlar issue.

Thanks in advance,
Vrushali